This avocado salad recipe is our favorite. Surely, avocado has lot of fat in it, but it is good fat that helps rejuvenate skin and keep it supple.
- Avocados – 3 (peeled, pitted &mashed)
- Lime – 1 (juiced)
- Roma tomatoes – 2 (diced)
- Onion – ½ cup (diced)
- Minced garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Ground cayenne pepper – 1 pinch
- Cilantro – 3 tablespoons (freshly chopped)
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste)
This salad recipe would take 10 minutes to prepare.
- In a bowl, mix together the mashed avocados, lime juice and salt.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatoes and cilantro and mix well.
- Finally stir in cayenne pepper.
You can serve it immediately, but for best taste, refrigerate it for an hour or so.
You can also add cumin and a little extra virgin olive oil to the mix.
Mash the avacados with the salt and lime prior to the other ingredients. It helps to meld the flavors, and prevents the guacamole from going brown Choose blemish-free avocados which when squeezed lightly feel juicy. Add lot of lime juice which not only make it delicious but also keeps it from turning brown. You can have it with warm tortillas. Use red onions which are more delicious and healthy (IMO)
I shared my knowledge with you that I gained from my own experiments with recipes and from watching recipes on TV and YouTube.