Tamarix aphylla is a good and suitable shelter belt of railway lines, because it is a fast growing and drought tolerant specie, therefore it can be propagated and grown well and easily along railway lines. It is a safety of railway tracks by sand dune shifting, because during summer season these sand dunes shifted on the tracks and due to this any accident can occur which will be a dangerous. These are so important and environment friendly and used as a mitigation strategy for climate change.
This plantation near railway lines has a number of benefits that are listed below.
- It stops shifting of sand dunes
- It provides esthetic sense, looking so beautiful along the track.
- It has mitigation effect on global warming due to climate change.
- Forests are the lungs of earth planet.
- Forests provides oxygen and use carbon dioxide gas.
- After completing the age, they provide income for National income of the country.
- Its a fodder for livestock especially for camels and goats.